BEAUTY LOVERS ASSEMBLE
The title ‘Great Beauty Retailers That Aren’t Sephora or Ulta‘ makes me feel like I’m cheating on Sephora and Ulta. Which is truly silly – I’m Rouge and Platinum, and I love a good Sephora and/ or Ulta haul (preferably both). But I’m also just an all around beauty junkie, so when I discover other beauty retailers, I must investigate. Here are some incredible places for you to check out!
I would move to California JUST to physically shop at Violet Grey. Their luxury offering rivals even the most high-end department stores, and is constantly changing so you can count on discovering something new whenever you browse the site. They also have incredible video tutorials and articles on The Violet Files so really you can’t go wrong checking out Violet Grey.
- Westman Atelier Vital Skin Foundation Stick: I’m sure you’ve seen Gucci Westman all over social media, because her cosmetic line has exploded, rightfully so. Her Vital Skin Foundation Stick is first and foremost a foundation, but also works as a concealer on the go!
- Joanna Vargas Euphoria Mask: Joanna Vargas in general is one of my most important skincare discoveries. I could write a post solely on the products of hers I can’t live without. The most notable, aside from every. single. one. of her serums is the Euphoria Mask. My skin looks bouncy and radiant after using one of these sheet masks, and it smells divine.
Credo Beauty is the largest clean beauty retailer in the industry – need I say more? They value female-led businesses, and most importantly our planet, which is why they strive to only work with companies that have the same sustainable and innovative interests.
- Vapour Lux Organic Lip Conditioner: I’ll always be on a mission to find the best lip balms, and this clean option is a keeper! It has a wonderful scent and isn’t sticky but is still very moisturizing.
- Kjaer Weis Cream Blush: I was thrilled to find Kjaer Weis at Credo, and am SO impressed by the quality of their packaging. Not to mention, their incredible organic formulation! I have the blush in Lovely, a buildable berry color, and can attest to its long-wearing and nourishing properties.
If you haven’t been in a Bluemercury, run, don’t walk, to visit one (once it’s safe to do so, of course, because #socialdistancing). Their stores are a breath of fresh air. The first one I encountered was in Hyde Park in Tampa, and I was instantly a fan (but let’s be honest, what’s not to love about anything in Hyde Park). Bluemercury has some incredible exclusive brands and products alongside bigger names we know and love, so be careful and maybe go with a buddy who will stop you from going overboard.
- Oribe Serene Scalp Soothing Leave-On Treatment: If you’ve ever dealt with a dry scalp, you’ll know why it’s so important to find products that combat the itchiness. Oribe’s line overall is something to be coveted, but this particular treatment is a lifesaver.
- Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence: I love trying new face mists almost as much as lip balms, but this is a hero product I’d happily talk about with anyone who is willing to listen. I have one on my vanity to use as part of my morning and evening skincare routines, as well as one in my handbag to use during the day over makeup. It’s a necessity.
goop is a favorite of mine for many reasons, including their quirky newsletters, but their beauty lineup tops the list. The goop Beauty line uses powerful ingredients, and combined with the other brands like Vintner’s Daughter, May Lindstrom, Hourglass, Saie and Dr. Barbara Sturm, goop can do no wrong in my opinion.
- goop Beauty G.Tox Himalayan Salt Scalp Scrub Shampoo: Curious to try this scalp scrub, I was pleasantly surprised by how well it lathers! You wouldn’t expect suds from a salt scrub (at least I didn’t) but this shampoo lathers like a regular shampoo, smells amazing and leaves your hair feeling silky.
- Vive Sana Daily Protezione SPF 30: SPF doesn’t always agree with my skin, but this one from Vive Sana rivals my favorite from Tatcha. I reach for the Daily Protezione on days I know I won’t be applying makeup, but I’m certain it would layer well underneath foundation.
Anthropologie, like goop, does no wrong. Their beauty offering has expanded by leaps and bounds and I’m here for it.
- Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber De-Tox Hydra-Gel Eye Patches: I have tried my fair share of eye patch masks, and can confidently say this and the Wander Beauty Baggage Claim Eye Masks are the only 2 I’ll ever need. The PTR patches are cooling and depuffing, and by coming 60 to a container (rather than packaged individually), they go easy on the environment!
- Luxie Brush Wipes: These are SO handy on the go. I keep face and contour powder in my makeup bag, and can save space by only carrying 1 makeup brush all thanks to these little makeup brush wipes!
- Slip: Slip silk products can be found at many retailers nowadays, but I will say, Anthro always has a great selection. Silk pillowcases are gentler on skin and hair than other fabrics, which makes them a beauty necessity!
Like many of you, I could talk all day about beauty retailers and the industry in general. Are there any places you frequent that I should know about?