WHAT I KEEP IN MY MAKEUP BAG
I envy the women who can walk out the door with a small handbag, that doesn’t weigh 50 pounds, but I have given it my best shot on countless occasions, and I just can’t part with ‘Mary Poppins’ bags filled with what I consider my essentials, whether they’re weighing me down or not. I know I’m not alone, which gives me a small sense of comfort.
One of my handbag essentials is an on-the-go makeup bag: the Truffle Clarity Jetset Case in black, to be exact. I thank my lucky stars every day that these exist, because they are TSA APPROVED. That’s right, no more scrambling to transfer the contents of your makeup bag into a quart-size freezer bag. You are ready to jet set in style at any moment with an Instagram-worthy cosmetic case, clad with a clear window to easily see the contents for those lovely security screenings.
The following is the comprehensive list, with links, of what I keep in my makeup bag. It looks like a lot, but everything fits in the (roughly) 5″ x 7″ Jetset Case, with room to spare, while accomplishing a full face of makeup in a pinch.
- Nars Mini Radiant Creamy Concealers in shades Madeleine and Custard
- Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in shade Medium
- Dolce & Gabbana The Pressed Powder in shade Soft Blush 3
- NUDESTIX Allover Face Color in shade In The Nude
- NARS Climax Mascara in shade Explicit Black
- Surratt Expressioniste Brow Pomade
- Arches & Halos Micro Defining Brow Pencil in shade Warm Brown
- Glossier Original Balm Dotcom
- Hourglass GIRL Lip Stylo in shade Futurist
- Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Lip Liner in shade Iconic Nude
- Pat McGrath MatteTrance Lipstick in shade Modern Woman
- Lipstick Queen Lip Liner in shade Mauve
Sadly, I couldn’t find the Lipstick Queen lip liner anywhere. Without being able to see the color in person, I THINK the NARS Precision Lip Liner in shade Marnie is a good alternative. I will report back if I try it out!
- Sonia Kashuk Blush Brush
- Large Leopard Slipsilk scrunchie
- Tweezerman Mini Slant Tweezer
- Disposable Silicone Spoolie
- Byredo Gypsy Water Roll-on Perfumed Oil
- Tatcha Aburatorigami Japanese Blotting Papers
- IGK Swipe Up Black Charcoal Dry Shampoo Hair Blotting Tissues
- Moon Stain Prevention Teeth Wipes
- Crest Scope Mini Brush Disposable Toothbrush
- Luxie Brush Wipes
- Shout Wipe & Go Instant Stain Remover
- Advil, Excedrin and Oscillococcinum
The Jetset Case is the size of some small handbags, so when I’m not carrying a larger bag, I I am able to narrow down the essentials, detailed above, to a handful of products: lip balm, lip stick, concealer, tweezers (a valued tool when you least expect it), Shout wipe, Tatcha blotting papers, and I’m out the door.
I carry some other really important products in my bag, usually in a side pocket for easy access, that obviously aren’t listed because a side pocket isn’t my makeup bag! I’ll likely write a ‘what’s in my bag’ post and touch on everything else then.
What are your on-the-go makeup essentials?